Monday, July 27, 2009

DJ Redeye Jedi - Stacks of Stax ReStax'd


I had the pleasure of meeting Redeye at that Blueprint show I mentioned last month. He's the DJ for the Memphis-based group The Tunnel Clones. He asked if I was a record collector right off the bat since he saw me soundchecking with 45s. We chatted for a quick second, and that's when I found out that he was the founder of the Memphix label (whose landmark release is probably the Express Rising LP), as well as a longtime collector who's been lucky enough to DJ for a ton of your favorite acts.

He also mentioned DJ'ing a set at the grand opening of the Stax Museum, which is quite impressive. After FINALLY listening to this Stax mixtape that he gave me(GOOD LOOKING OUT!), I can see how he earned that gig.

This shit is fire all the way through...totally worth the $10 or less that you'll spend on it (check the links at the bottom). But since I feel like you guys would like it so much, here's HALF of the mix in a tidy .rar file. Expect all types of funky soul, some well-placed scratching (the intro is hype), and...of course...tons of original samples for artists like Common, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Eric B & Rakim, and many more.

Enjoy, and peace to the Redeye Jedi.

DJ Redeye Jedi - Stacks of Stax ReStax'd (MCL promo)

Here's a couple links to purchase the mix as well:

Turntable Lab
Access HipHop

Until next time,

Bowls

No comments:

Post a Comment